|The Expendables 4|
|Directed by||Avi Lerner|
|Starring||Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham, Antonio Banderas|
|Preceded by|| The Expendabelles |
The Expendables 3
|Followed by||The Expendables 5|
The Expendables 4 is an upcoming action film and is a sequel to the 2014 film, The Expendables 3 and the fourth installment of the franchise.
In a November 2013 interview, Couture confirmed that filming had finished on the third film, and that discussions for a fourth Expendables film were taking place.
In May of 2014, various media cited how Stallone actually was on good terms with Bruce Willis via Twitter comments and interviews. He acknowledged that it had sounded like a hostile breakup but actually had just been a schedule that hadn't worked out, which was why Willis didn't return and Harrison Ford was in the third film.  Fans and other sites later started speculating if this meant that Willis would return in the fourth film.
Throughout 2017, it was reported on the film being in development hell due to continual production difficulties. It began when Stallone almost exited after Stallone was failing to find common ground on the script with producer Avi Lerner and having found the success he desired returning to his Rocky role in the sequel Creed in 2015.  A sales poster was never-the-less shown on various Action movie sites and blogs by Millennium Films despite various reports already breaking out about Stallone's potential exit. 
On February of 2018, Terry Crews noted to media outlets and on his Twitter account a growing issue where he had finally come out to admit that a Hollywood agent had touched him appropriately at a party. He revealed that the agent just so happened to represent Stallone and implied that Lerner's reps were asking Crews to drop his lawsuit against Stallone's agent.  This lead to various speculation on wether or not Crews would return to the franchise. Crews had previously stated in 2016 he was interested in returning as long as Stallone was still involved. 
On May 16, 2018, Millennium Films also updated its promotion space at Cannes film festival by showing off posters for it's other film sequels Rambo V and Angel Has Fallen.  Further coverage was later documented days later. 
- Hulk Hogan as TBA (Rumored for awhile on various social media)
- Robert de Niro as TBA (Was reportedly in-talks following de Niro working with Sly on Grudge Match)
- John Cusack as TBA
- Pierce Brosnan as TBA (Rumor was created on the internet due to Brosnon meeting at a movie premiere that was by producer Avi Lerner's Millennium Films company; being considered by Lerner following that rumor)
- Main article: The Expendables 4 Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
- Ron Perlman has expressed interest in joining the franchise one day. 
- Stallone has considered having Jean Reno join in the future. 
- Steven Seagal may appear as the main antagonist of the film.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme may return as Claude Vilain, Jean Vilain's twin brother.
- This maybe the final installment of the film, due to the low box office concering the leak of The Expendables 3 before it's release on August 15 three weeks ahead.
- Jackie Chan may appear this time.
- Shooting starts at the end of Summer 2014, release date is Summer 2015. However, this is only being hinted and did not featuring even more information.
- The film will be have a featuring flashback of everything that the team have eliminated the target only ending up serving the interest of the establishment organization in back-stab of being framed to be arrested by fraud.
- Robert De Niro is asked by Stallone to join the film.
- Terry Crews is interested in having Kurt Russell, Clint Eastwood and Chris Hemsworth in the film.
- Dwayne Johnson will play the villain of the film, wanting to hunt down the Expendables and tell them to send their souls to heaven, and keep Caesar alive as his peck popping opponent and Luna alive to become his training partner.
- Stallone wants Jack Nicholson to join the cast but it's unknown if he's talked to him yet. It's probably unlikely though given how following his retirement rumors, Nicholson clearly stated that he had no interest in being in movies featuring explosions.
- Stallone hopes for the film to be filmed in Asia.
- Stallone does want The Rock to be in the film, especially as a villain