|Directed by||Robert Lebovic|
|Written by|| Karen McCullah|
|Preceded by||The Expendables 3|
|Followed by||The Expendables 4|
The Expendabelles is an upcoming action film directed by Robert Lebovic and is a spin-off to the The Expendables film franchise.
In August 2012, producer Adi Shankar's production company, 1984 Private Defense Contractors, hired screenwriter Dutch Southern to write an all-female action film. It was also reported that the film, inspired by The Expendables franchise, will be fully financed by 1984 Private Defense Contractors and that the company has already began talks with several prominent female action stars.
Filming may start in early 2014, with shooting to take place in Bulgaria's Boyana cinema center.
When America's Navy SEALs are wiped out trying to penetrate the island lair of a deadly despot who has captured one of the world's top nuclear scientists, it becomes clear that there is no such thing as the right man for the job and that this is a mission so impossible that only women can handle it. The only way in: some of the world's deadliest female operatives must pose as high-class call-girls shipped in by private plane to satisfy a dictator-and instead save the scientist and the day.
Unknown as of now.
- Sigourney Weaver reportedly passed on a role for this film. It's unknown if she didn't care for the script, was too busy with other projects or if it was a bit of both. 
- Milla Jovovich, Cameron Diaz and Meryl Streep were suggested by producer Avi Lerner as being in considered for roles but won't be linked or truly considered until the film's crew is in place. 
- The film might be the start of a rebooted trilogy.
- Gina Carano claimed that all the connections to the film were internet speculation but did state that she was considering another female-heavy action project currently in the works instead. Zoe Bell has expressed interest in the project as well as just doing a project together with Carano, Rousey and Michelle Rodriguez. Angelina Jolie was being pursued for the project as well. Other names linked but uncited about their connection to the film are: Katie Sackhoff, Ronda Rousey, Halle Berry, Carrie-Anne Moss, Geena Davis, Jennifer Garner, Kate Beckinsale, Sharni Vinson, Sandra Bullock, Michelle Yeoh, Rhona Mitra, Chloe Grace-Moretz, Uma Thurman, Lucy Lawless, Angela Bassett, Lucy Liu, Pam Grier, Sharon Stone, Brigitte Nielsen and Michelle Rodriguez.
- Charlize Theron was claimed as being considered by an uncited source in an Indian newspaper as being one of many candidates. 
- It's unknown if Charisma Carpenter will be involved with this project in any way. She appeared in the first two Expendables films but was absent from the third film for unknown reasons.